15 December 2013

Goodbyes


Podge


After a very emotionally draining week I've been spring cleaning the house. All of Podge's old stuff we will donate to the Cats Protection league. They are appealing for litter and food so hopefully another cat will benefit.

Still very sad and not come to terms with the tragedy but at least I can take comfort in knowing that nearly 1000 people read the post about him so hopefully some of those people will check their rain water catchers and prevent it happening to another cat.

Another small comfort is having his ashes back, they are in his favourite place on the window ledge and I cannot thank Pet Funeral Services enough for their amazing service. they have so much compassion and their services is truly wonderful. They treated him with respect and I know he was looked after all the time.
I take comfort in the knowledge he was well looked after and they even returned a lock of hair for me. Something I wasn't able to do before he went to them, and a great comfort as I found myself picking hairs of his bed to keep close to me :'(




No comments:

Post a Comment