20 January 2014

Customising Your Wedding Shoes

One of the things you need to have ready for the dress fitting are the shoes. The hem will be decided based on what heel height you have chosen. So as my final fitting is in February I though I had better get a wiggle on.

I stubbled upon a few problems. Firstly the first four pairs I bought were strapless. Every time I walked they slipped off my feet! Very annoying and not really what I want to be worried about going down the aisle. Bought a couple of pairs from Perdita's, and I have to say their service and returns were very good. They have a massive selection online also. 

Rachel Simpson have some stunning and beautiful shoes but these were way out of my price range. 

These particular pair were my favourite, Mimosa 

So I went back the drawing board and I noticed a few websites mentioning BHS shoes, apparently very comfortable with memory foam lining and they had a sale. Result! 

These were the pair I bought, for the grand sum of £22.50, free postage (using a code) and they also do free returns. They are perfect, really comfortable and a lovely shape. 


Now I wanted to make them a bit more bespoke and thought I'd add some special touches. Starting with some stick on pearls on the heels, very cheap from the local craft shop, adding some sage ribbon and finally an 'I Do' sticker from Amazon that took seconds to apply


So theres how to make a bargain pair of shoes bespoke :-) 

Heres what else I've been up to too 






   




No comments:

Post a Comment