13 January 2014

DIY Hair Pieces

After spending 4 hours trawling through Liverpool and previous searches online I gave up. Thinking I wasn't going to find what I had in my mind for my bridesmaids to wear I was disheartened.
However after looking in John Lewis for some lace for another project I found the most perfect trim. There and then I decided I would just make what I wanted, and here is how:

Take the following items:

~Fabric/super glue
~Cheap plain head band (Claires Accessories had tons and very cheap too)
~Decorative item, ie a flower (mine was also from Claires but there were some beautiful embellishments too)
~Trim
~Pegs
~Scissors 




Take any unwanted items off the hair band 


Then using fabric or super glue stick the chosen trim to it 


Using pegs leave it set, takes about 30 minutes 


And there you have a lovely unique Hair Piece 


I decided to add a little something extra and attached a Ivory Rose to the hair band, I stitched this in place using a circle of felt and a needle and thread. 




This would also look lovely, its from John Lewis










No comments:

Post a Comment